Friday, October 31, 2008

Books That Made Me Cry

I came across a recent blog that asked "Do you remember the first book that made you cry?"

The first book that really got me excited about books was

The Outsiders by SE Hinton. I had to do a book report in
9th grade and I picked this one. It is great.
It also made me cry.










Surprisingly Stephen King's It was another book that made
me cry. This is one of my all time favorite books.








Another more recent read that made me cry was The Host by Stephanie Meyer. What an awesome book. I really loved the characters.




StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Ken Albin said...

Flowers For Algernon was about the only book that ever made me cry.

Robert said...

"Where the Red Fern Grows" was the first book that made me cry.

The latest book to bring tears to my eyes was Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper".

Mizé said...

Hi. A book that made me cry was one from a Portuguese author called "Daniel Sampaio". This book has letters from a young boy to his mother and her letters to him. This boy commited suicide because he was gay.
No other book has touched me this way, don´t really know why.
A good sunday.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

IT made you cry? Interesting remark... though I think I can see what you mean. It didn't make me cry or anything, but there's a hell of a lot of emotion in there.

Great book. The movie was spot on too... but, of course, just not quite the book.