Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crimson Eve

Finally, a book that reminds me why I love reading so much. Crimson Eve, by Brandilyn Collins was one of the best books I've read in a long time.

As the book opens, Carla is showing a house to a very handsome English gentleman. Although there was a gruesome crime committed at this estate, the man seems anxious to buy. Unfortunately she finds things aren't as they seem and as his accent slips away, so does her life as she once knew it. He pulls out a gun and reveals he is a hit man, she proclaims she has no enemies, no one that would want her dead. "Then you'd best rethink your friends," he replies.

From there we go on a ride through Carla's life past and present, twisting and turning. We learn about secrets that involve very important people. Secrets that could kill. Just when you think you've figured it out...there's more to the story.

This book kept me up, turning pages. I loved it. 5 out of 5!!
StumbleUpon

1 comment:

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Keener, thank you for taking the time to review Crimson Eve. I'm glad it gave you some hours of enjoyment.

As for your character makeover--God knows where He is taking you. I love the verse in the Psalms, "He will accomplish all that concerns me."

Blessings.