Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MentalPause

Let me preface by saying I am 42.
Hubby and I are in the car waiting to pick up youngest from school:

Hubby: You look tired.

Me: Yeah, I'm exhausted and I have a headache. I started today.

Hubby: Well you don't have to deal with it too much longer .

Me: (hoping I misunderstood where he was going with that) What?!

Hubby: You have till what, 47 and then you don't have to deal with it?

Me: (praying I'm not overcome with a menstrual meltdown and blinded with an overwhelming urge to take him out...) It's different for everyone.


I didn't talk to him again for the rest of the night.




***ATTENTION ALL MEN******

This is never an ok conversation. I suggest you NEVER bring up the fact that your wife is approaching, going through, or will ever see menopause. StumbleUpon

6 comments:

Robert said...

This is alot like the pregnant thing--unless one sees an actual baby protruding from a woman, one must never suggest that she looks pregnant...

Don't ask how I know...

Anonymous said...

OUCH!

Pauline Evanosky said...

I'm 53 and I still haven't gone all the way through it....the damn perimenopause has lasted since I was 45....this is really getting old...lots of soy, black cohosh, evening primrose, St. John's Wort, Kava Kava and patience. Good luck.

Lilize said...

hahaha men are so clueless :(

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL OMG! I wish. I am 47...still having every 28 days of hell...Evening Primrose Oil helps keep me from being a homicidal maniac.

Chunks of Reality said...

Found you via BlogExplosion and wanted to say hello!! :)

I'm 36 and my husband says that he thinks I'm going through periomenopause...