Sunday, October 12, 2008

High School Musical 3

I have a 10 year old so we watch a lot of the Disney Channel at our house. Needless to say we have been inundated with the commercials, interviews and clips from the up coming "High School Musical 3".

Since the first two were HUGELY successful, I guess Disney wanted really cash in, so this time yo
u have to pay. I like that kids are excited about the musical and it got me to thinking about how much I love musicals and how they aren't as prevalent as they used to be.

I thought I would look back at some other high school musicals:


Fame (1980)

This was such an awesome movie. It followed 7 students who are accepted into a high school for performing arts and follows them through all four years. A movie about finding yourself, fitting in and how far you may go to attain your dream. The songs were great and I loved it.





Hairspray (1988, 2007)

I saw the most recent one and I really liked it. A movie about segregation, love and being proud of who you are. From what I understand this one was less risque than the original.






West Side Story (1961)

An modern day (well, kinda) Romeo and Juliet. What a great story and fun songs. Who hasn't heard of this one?








Grease 2 (1982)

OOOHHH LLOOORRDDDD, file this one under "What were they thinking?" I thought this one was pretty sad, however my 2 oldest love this one. (22yr old and 19yr old). It starred Michelle Pfeiffer (what?!?!?) and featured such songs as Do it for Your Country, Reproduction and Score Tonight. All I gotta say is...What was I thinking letting my kids watch this!?!?!?




Grease (1978)

Love, love , love this one!!!
Great songs. Great cast! Olivia Newton John, John Travolta (who's that?), and Jeff Conway (that loveable giving man from Celebrity Rehab). A must see!
StumbleUpon

No comments: