Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life on the Refrigerator Door


Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers is a quick read.

This is a book about a mother and daughter as told through the notes they leave each other on their fridge. Claire's mom is an obstetrician who is also single. She has a lot of demands on her time and expects a lot out of Claire, who is only 15.

Each page is a note that was left on the fridge and I don't want to give too much of it away. I took me maybe an hour to read and I thought it was touching. It reminded me that I should slow down and really "be" with my children, let them know how important they are to me by spending time with them. We tend to let ourselves get caught up in life and realize to late that all the important things passed us by.

I felt the book fell a little short, maybe could have been a little "deeper". I did make me reflect though, so for that....
I give this book a 3 out of 5.
StumbleUpon

No comments: