Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Top 5 books that should be movies

A lot of times when I finish a book I think...that would be an awesome movie. Here are the top ones I would LOVE to see...




5. Prey by Michael Crichton
Its been a while since I have read this one, but it is one if my favorites. This is from the same author
that gave us Jurassic Park, Congo, Timeline, just to name a few. This book is about nano-technology and is a great thriller.






4. Blink of an Eye (or Blink) by Ted Dekker
This is a
book about Seth, a guy with one of the highest IQ's who can suddenly see the future. It is also about Miriam, a Saudi princess who has fled her country to avoid an arranged marriage. This one is action packed and extremely smart.





3. PlagueMaker by Tim Downs
This is an edge of your seat psychological book about biological warfare that seems a little too plausible for my comfort. It is also a
book about forgiveness.







2. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
This book has it all, but what it comes down to at its rawest is what it means to be human. LOVED this one.





1. The Giver by Lois Lowery
I have read this book several times and it is one of my all-time favorites. This book is about the perfect society. At age 12 Jonas is ready to receive his life assignment that is handed down by the elders. Only when he starts his training, he finds out how fragile their existence is.
StumbleUpon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michael Crichton is one of my favorite authors. I like your blog and list!

I also like Bill Bryson:)

Robert said...

Thanks for some great titles that I have either passed over, or haven't heard of. Going to check out "The Host" for sure, and maybe a couple others.