Thursday, September 11, 2008

Audio Books

I recently listened to Deception by Randy Alcorn and I really enjoyed it. Roger Mueller, the man reading the story, did an excellent job and I gave the book a 5 out of 5 review (see review). I have read a couple of Mr Alcorn's books and I have enjoyed every one. So I put a hold on Deadline and Dominion on cd so I could have more to listen to when I ride my bike to work.

Let me preface by saying, I thought all books on cd are pretty much the same. Different people read them sure, but all in all, each one is pleasant to listen to. Boy, I found out different. Frank Mueller (must be the father because the voice sounded of an older man) read the story for both Deadline and Dominion. Apparently Frank is very popular and has done over 200 readings for books by John Grisham, Robert Ludlum, and Stephen King to name a few.

I don't want to hurt any feelings, I'm sure Frank is a great guy, but his voice was annoying. It seemed like he would take a breath and then read until his breath gave out, making the end of the sentences sound breathy while his voice would drop. I hope that makes sense, I don't know how else to describe it. It was so distracting, I would find myself listening for it and then cringing when he would do it.

I guess I'll have to do the old fashioned thing and actually read those books!
StumbleUpon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try reading/listening to "The Post American World"
by Fareed Zakaria

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger,

We will pay your review in your blog;
* Earn cash by writing honest reviews about our advertiser's products and services.
* Write reviews in your own tone and style, and gear them to your audience's interest.
* You will be pay 6$ - $300 /reviews.
* Pays via Paypal

Join with us and get money with your blog
www.smorty.com
www.sponsorreviews.com

Best Regards