Saturday, March 20, 2010

Too much time Saturday

Today I celebrate the people who had so much time on their hands they came up with useless and inane holidays. I know there are some who may throw Valentine's day in that category and while it is purely a holiday for consumerism...I think you will agree that these holidays are just ridiculous. I was inspired by an article I stumbled in Woman's Day and thought I would look for a few of my own (thus confirming I have too much time on my hands).

Today was Proposal Day (get your e-card here) and Alien Abduction Day (article here) and I think as a woman I'm a little insulted these happen on the same day.

March 21 is Fragrance Day and the 22nd is National Goof Off Day...(I vote we have this holiday more than once a year..I will take it as a monthly or weekly holiday if at all possible, thank you)

March 23rd is National Clean Your Home Office Day and National Chip and Dip Day...I celebrate the latter one quite often. March 24th is National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day.

I am personally looking forward to March 27th which is National "Joe" Day. This is the day where you get to be Joe for the day.

Apparently there is practically a holiday on everyday! If you check out Bizarre American Holidays or Holiday Insights if you would like to find out more weird holidays. StumbleUpon

No comments: