Friday, March 19, 2010

How to Lose a Client

I just finished How to Lose a Client by Becky A. Bartness.

This is a story about Kate Williams, a lawyer who has recently moved to Phoenix and started her own criminal defense law firm. As Kate is at the salon, she meets Tuwanda, a lady who works for Pole Polishers Inc. Tuwanda's boss, Tangerine, is looking for a new lawyer to represent her, her business and her employees. Kate passes her business card to Tuwanda and she soon finds herself on retainer. Tangerine leaves a thumb drive of delicate information with Kate and then seems to disappear. Kate then finds herself with hair dyed Bozo red, kidnapped more than once and responsible for a an older homeless guy who thinks she is his adoptive mother...you thought you had bad days.


I haven't had so much fun reading a book since Janet Evanovich. It has been a long time since I have picked up a book and could not put it down.
I have been trying to find an author like Ms Bartness and this happens to be the third in a series. I cannot wait to go back and read How to Ruin a Vacation and How to Lose a Job and I am anxiously awaiting what befalls this great character in the future. If you love Janet Evanovich as much as I do you will LOVE Becky A Bartness...this is a must read!

I give this a 5 out of 5!!! LOVE IT!!

StumbleUpon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank-you so much for the wonderful review! 'Tis a lonely business, this writing gig, and positive reinforcement goes a long way.

Becky Bartness