Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blog=Money?

I decided in December of last year to start blogging. I love to read and never could find any information on which books to read next, so I thought I would blog about the books I'm reading and about life in general. I try to blow off some steam sometimes and write about how I hate my job, bosses, and people in general.

I learned about Google Adsense about the same time I started blogging and thought, hey...maybe I can make some money and quit my God-forsaken job. (ok maybe just not work as much) Let me tell you how much I have made from Adsense since December.... 71 whopping cents.
WOOOHOOOO DRINKS ON ME!!!!

I found Statcounter to see how many people were visiting my blog and it was sad. So I found BlogExplosion to help. They give you credits by viewing other blogs and in turn the direct traffic to your blog. I really am thankful for their service...not only does it help my traffic, I have found some great blogs that are now in my "favorites" and I have found some very useful information.

Snapbomb is one thing I found earning credits on BlogExplosion from another blogger. They advertise that "you can get paid to blog". It sounds simple and great. You register your blog with them, they present opportunities for you to blog about and they pay you. The great thing is they give you complete freedom to write what you want. In other words if you don't like the product/service/whatever you can say so as long as it is original and it is a minimum of 150 words. They even help you out by giving you key words to put into the review. You can blog advertise for companies or products you like and get paid. Snapbomb pays you for blog marketing things that match what you usually blog about and shows you other opportunities that you can write about to earn feedback ratings.

I'm excited about earning money and getting other writing opportunities. I only hope I make more than 71 cents in the next 7 months! I'll let you know how it goes.
StumbleUpon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wrote an article of the same topic involving BlogExplosion over on my blog

the link is http://culturedecoded.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/hit-and-miss-the-perils-of-earning-visits-on-your-blog/

pacer521

Anonymous said...

I came here via blogexplosion good luck making the big bucks

~Valarie~ said...

I found your blog as well on blog explosion :) I just joined to help get more traffic to my site as well. I wish you the best of luck with ad revenue!

I'll be checking back to see how it goes.

~ Val

Unknown said...

You should try Social Spark too. I've made $100 off of them.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too look towards blog explosion to gain increased visitors to my blog too. I've liked it thus far & its been a big help. I recommend it to all people I know that blog.