Sunday, August 3, 2008

...and some times you lose


On the way home last night I saw something in the road that looked like a bird. After a quick turn around...I found out it was. A robin was just sitting on the road. I got out and tried to reach for it and it tried to fly away. I picked it up and took it home. This was about 11:30 at night, and after looking on the computer I found 2 numbers to call on our local government web site for people that help out wildlife animals. However, needless to say, there was no answer from either. I left a message and decided the bird would probably be better off outside, so I put a sheet in an old laundry basket and set it out in our carport. When checking on it later, I found it had died.

Most always, I have the best intentions, and I try really hard to do what I think is the right thing. Most often, though, I feel like it was the most wrong thing to do. I try to be God a lot, you know, fix what I think is wrong, control things. I know I should trust that God has it covered....I really do know that He is better at it and I'm only getting in His way, but I don't know how to stop.

Poor bird had to die cause I think I'm God.
StumbleUpon

2 comments:

poor-me/പാവം-ഞാന്‍ said...

thanx for saving the bird in time.

AmPowerBlog said...

At least you tried to help ... most folks wouldn't care.