Saturday, March 21, 2009

Best Quotable Movies featuring Billy Crystal


I have decided that I should do another "best quotable movies" , the Billy Crystal edition!!

Three of my all time favorite movies star Mr. Crystal. His lines and deliveries are classic. Not all of the quotes are Billy Crysal's though, the other actors in these have some great lines too. Also, I know he has been in many other great movies, but this edition is only about my favorite ones.

Again, as I said in Best Quotable Movies Part 1, these movies have some of the greatest lines that you should commit to memory and whenever possible, you should quote them.


When Harry Met Sally (1989)

This classic is one of the best movies ever! I am sure everyone knows of the orgasm scene.

"Right now everything is great, everyone is happy, everyone is in love and that is wonderful. But you gotta know that sooner or later you're gonna be screaming at each other about who's gonna get this dish. This eight dollar dish will cost you a thousand dollars in phone calls to the legal firm of That's Mine, This Is Yours."



"But I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing." !ADVISORY!(do not quote this when you are really ordering food, I have served and bad things will happen to your food before you get it...just saying.)


"But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie."

This should be said whenever anyone says the word "pecan" and it should be said like Billy said it here:









Running Scared (1986)

Great action/comedy a la Bad Boys.
If you have not seen this movie, by all means, get yourself netflix and rent this one!!


"Oh?! Hablo Smith and Wesson? You have the right to remain dead! Anything you do will be used against you. You have the right to a coroner. If you cannot afford one we will appoint a medical examiner for you."

"Listen Snake, here's the situation: I have this gun here. Now I'm gonna take this gun out and I'm gonna shoot a lot of holes in the door. If you are standing in front of the door, what can I say, some of those holes are going to be in you."


"Detective Sigliano? Hi, my name is Pinky, and I used to inform for Hughes and Costanzo but they don' pay me no mo'... Oh, no! You see, I'm watching the new "Jeopardy!" and a man just lost a Bible question because he did not know what Deuteronomy wa-as... Anyway, I want you guys to get Gonzalez and show up Hughes and Costanzo 'cause they don' pay me no mo', 'n I'm ma-ad!"
Again this one should be said like Billy says it here:





The Princess Bride (1987)

Ok, this one didn't "star" Billy. He just had a cameo. Still, one of my top favorite movies and a classic.

"As you wish" You say this when you really mean "I love you"

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"INCONCEIVABLE!"

"Have fun storming the castle!"

"You mock my pain!"

"You mocked me once, never do it again! I died that day."






StumbleUpon

3 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I haven't seen Running Scared - but I think I want to now! Love the other two movies :)

C said...

You HAVE to watch it. It is great. Get back to me and let me know what you think about it after you see it. It will be one of your favs, I guarantee!!!

Anonymous said...

"Running Scared" is the *Absolute* Best Buddy Cop movie ever made!! The chemistry between Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal is... such... [i]wonderfulness[/i]!
I was heartbroken when Greg died, not just because we lost a Great Dance Legend, but also because it blew my hope of there being another movie for these two.