Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Lord giveth and He taketh away

A quote from Job(1:21) aptly enough has been running through my head a lot lately. It has been a rough couple of weeks.

My job as a waitress has been steadily going down hill. Not the serving, I actually enjoy the people that come in, getting to know them and such. It was really the people that owned it, rather the daughter that served as manager to be precise. She has mad it pretty much hell for most of us and especially for me. She fired my oldest daughter, blinding-siding the both of us. Her reason was that my daughter didn't seem happy there and is was causing her to walk on pins and needles. She promptly cut my hours. Well, it is the season for spending, not to mention my hubby works in a factory that makes bumpers and windshields for the big car makers. Needless to say, his job is slow and precarious. I need the hours, and told her several times. I finally, last Tuesday, sat her down and asked...have I done something wrong? I really need the hours and am confused as to why I'm not getting them. She said since I opened up my availability that she would do what she could.

I come in Monday and my hours are worse. I stop her and ask, is that really the best she could do for me. She gives some song and dance about trying to make everyone happy. I've been there for 4 years and she is concerned about pleasing the 2 girls she just hired. The she proceeds to tell me that she had someone call and complain about how someone looked(like they just rolled out of bed) last Thursday. I just don't look happy there and its spilling out into the floor. I am one who is insecure with her looks. I may be 43, but inside I'm still the awkward 16 year old who never feels pretty. This hurt me on so many levels. I was so upset that she accused me of looking crappy, that my 4 years of making sacrifices so I could help her cover shifts, that I watched her stab so many in the back, I began to cry. I could not stop. I called my hubby, announced I was going home for good, and he told me to go home, relax, God would take care of us. Us, behind in bills, 3 kids with maybe 10 gifts for Christmas...TOTAL and house payment coming up he's concerned about me and tells me not to worry. God will take care of us.

It has been so hard. I have known I can't be there too much longer and I have been sending out resumes for weeks. Nothing... If God doesn't want me there...where's another job? I know, God is in the business of closing and opening doors, but right now I feel like there are no doors open and its an airtight room. I was in a job where the owner called people stupid and dumb-asses and my self esteem was seriously going down hill. I'm desperately trying to keep faith, but Lord...I'm not Job.

By the way, I remembered yesterday, the girl I worked with last Thursday came to work with no make-up. She's the type that wears a lot of make-up so when she has none on its like WOW, did you just get out of bed? That call wasn't for me! She assumed it was. And really, who goes out to eat then calls the restaurant to complain that their server looked bad? Is that even kosher?

Please LORD...HELP ME!!!
StumbleUpon

3 comments:

Robert said...

Saying a small prayer for you and your family. The God I know wouldn't allow one of his children to stay in a job situation like that any longer than possible. He WILL take care you, his faithful servant.

C said...

Thank you so much Drofen, we need all the prayers we can get!

cube said...

Like Drofen, I'm sending a little prayer your way as well. Hope it helps you and your family.