Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Just an update

Well, the Lord is faithful. I need to make this my mantra, because I tend to forget quite quickly. The other day, I got a call from a friend I worked with at the restaurant. I stopped by her work to say hi and tell her what had happened to me. Two days later she called me and said that her boss asked about me, what kind of worker I am and if I still need a job to come in. She called, and I practically ran up there! I now have a job! I don't start until Jan 7th though. Since my hubby is off for the next couple of weeks, we are starting to get way behind in bills. You know God practically dropped a job in my lap and I am now stressing about the late house payment and lot rent. Not to mention the car insurance which comes directly out of our checking account. I have 2 weeks to come up with what might as well be a million.

The thing is, God was faithful and now, soon, I will be working. I have to trust that He will provide.
I hate being out of control, and I think that is precisely what God is working on. It's a moment by moment thing...one minute I trust, the next I'm freaking out.

Thank you for all your prayers, they really do help. Just keep them coming! Please StumbleUpon

1 comment:

Robert said...

YAAAAAYYY!!!

That's great news!

Can you call the people that want your money and let them know what's going on? At least you can let them know that you've got another job and your anticipated start date. Sometimes they'll work with you.

Best wishes!