Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pet Peeves

One of my biggest pet peeves is parents who don't parent.

Case and point: Today I went to Subway for lunch. In front of me was a father and his two children who had to be around 6 or 7 yrs old. While he was telling the sandwich maker what to put on each sub, his children proceeded to climb onto the approximately 2 inch ledge and lay on the sneeze-guard glass while hanging onto to the top of the afore mentioned glass.
(see small wooden ledge in picture below)


What did the father say to these children? Nothing. I waited to see if the employee had anything to say like, "The health department requires the you do not lean over the top of the glass," or how about "the protective glass was not engineered to withhold the weight of 2 children and if they fall off that 2 inch ledge we cannot be held responsible for any injuries." NOPE, no one said a thing. Seriously, if you are not going to pay attention to your children....DO NOT HAVE ANY.




StumbleUpon

1 comment:

Amber Sunshine said...

I'm with you. I'm not sure anything gets me riled up more than bad, lazy parenting. Check out my opinion on this topic. You might find it amusing.
http://sunshineinsight.blogspot.com/2008/05/mandatory-birth-controlwhat-concept.html