Sunday, June 15, 2008

Restaurant crap

I work at a mom and pop type of restaurant. This place operates by its own rules. Let me tell you, honestly, if you as the public, had any idea what goes on in a place like this you would be surprised. Personally, I think only people who have no self esteem or self respect end up working there and we really need some kind of intervention. A support group...something.

I'm not sure how prevalent this type of business is....but let me fill you in. The servers get yelled at. A lot. About anything and everything. We have a chicken sandwich that has bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and on a special bun. I have been yelled at for ordering that for a customer who wanted it without the bacon and on a different bun. Why did I get yelled at? Because that's not on the menu. Are you kidding me? We get yelled at if we drop or God forbid, break something. Someone accidentally knocked over some plastic cups... and it was loud. All the other servers were like..."way to go goof off."..."nice going Jane." Jane tries to laugh them off, the owner comes out and says to Jane, "don't laugh, it makes you look stupid."

I cringe when someone asks for something special, cause I know I gonna get yelled at. I am afraid to make any kind of mistake cause I will be called stupid. Not to my face, but I have heard the owner say it about others...a lot.

Any other servers out there? Anyone understand? StumbleUpon

No comments: