Sunday, April 13, 2008

Things that should never be said...

I thought I would share some insight I have discovered during my 40 odd years of life. There are something that should never be uttered out loud to your spouse/significant other...

1. "Now you know how I feel"

I kid you not, my husband said that to me just today. I had just come home from a trip to pick up pizza with my 2 daughters. They are 19 and 21 and they are polar opposites. This means anything one says will most often piss the other one off to no end, and a bitch-fest ensues. That is what happened today, and since I have had a week of stress compounded by many doubles at work ...I did what any normal woman does.. I yelled and cried. When we got home my husband asked what was wrong, he knew I was upset and he knew it about the girls, cause they were in an equally dismal mood. I said nothing, he said is it a girl thing? I said yea...just hoping he would leave me alone. He said, "Well, now you know how I feel." Okay, now, not only is that what a 5 year old says...how is that supposed to help ANY situation? What does that statement really mean??? Finally you have a bad time with the girls...finally they piss you off...finally you have it as hard as I do???? Seriously, all that statement did was show immaturity and piss me off.

2. "...but..." (a.k.a. the back-handed compliment)

Anytime you use "but" in a sentence you mean as a compliment...you WILL negate said compliment. For example "You look pretty, but don't you have another dress?" This means, "I appreciate your effort, but you don't really look good in that." Or, "The house looks good, but it looked fine before." This means, "You wasted your time." When it comes to this, please keep your compliments to yourself.




StumbleUpon

No comments: