Monday, April 7, 2008

Conversations at work...

I have a table of about 8 drinking and eating....

In comes 2 more guys, joining the 8, and sit down....I card them, they order drinks, they order food....then one of them motions he wants to talk to me off to the side...

Guy: I was wondering,... I mean, I'm not sure what you do for,.... well the thing is...I know you do things for,... like,... bithdays...

Me: yeah....

Guy: well the thing is,... um well,... I wasn't sure if you,.... um,... like,... could you,... do you, well, ...my son died 2 days ago,... thats why we are all here...and I didn't know if you can like,.. if we could get a drink....

Me: oh, my gosh,...I am so sorry...(feeling really bad for this guy)

Guy: Yeah, ... he was 7 months, I have two older girls...

Me: I can't even imagine how you feel...(now wondering why he's here not home with his wife) (was he using his son's death to get a round of free drinks?)






StumbleUpon

No comments: