Thursday, May 14, 2009

New movie

My oldest took me out for a late mother's day treat. I had to work mother's day (at my paying job) so she treated me to lunch and a movie today. We saw 17 Again and I have to say it was better than I thought it would be. While waiting for the movie I saw a preview that had me out of my seat. I was so stoked when I saw that "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult was coming out in June.

This was the first book I read by Mrs.Picoult and I really liked it. I have also read and reviewed Nineteen Minutes, The Tenth Circle and I just finished Harvesting the Heart. I really am excited to see this one. I love to see how the books that I have read translate into movies. For the most part I really enjoy Mrs. Picoult's book. I think there is a devotion to her characters that comes through her books. You feel the care and love she has when developing her characters and, for that, I always enjoy the rides her books take me on. StumbleUpon

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

I will be travelling, so unfortunately I won't be able to watch. I wonder how they will be able to bring the chilling monstrosity of the mother character to the screen. I haven't seen a character who would be quite as beyond redemption for a while. This is, without a doubt, Picoult's darkest novel.

C said...

Watching the preview, I'm thinking they will be taking the lighter road with the mother. I often wonder how much of a pull the authors have in the movies made from their books. In some cases, I hope the authors have nothing with the dismal excuses for entertainment that they call movies.