Sunday, July 13, 2008

I am having a hard time finding a good book to read. I have started a couple, but none of them are grabbing me and making me want to read. Most frustrating...

My Name is Russel Fink , by Michael Snyder. This is about Russel Fink, a copier salesman who hates his job and longs to be an artist. His family is dysfunctional, a mother who drinks all the time, a father who is out of a stint in jail for conning people into thinking he could heal them for a price, and a brother who is writing down everything thing Russel does for a book, to entertain the masses. Russel's fiancee leaves much to be desired also.

I've gotten
far enough into the book to learn about the characters and learn that Michael's writing is very funny, but I'm just not really interested enough to see where it's going.



By Reason of Insanity by Randy Singer is a legal thriller compared to a Grisham novel. It starts out in court with a case of murder. The client, Annie is accused of killing her husband, no argument there, she did. However, she killed him after she found out he was visiting her daughter, his step, at night in her bed. She did make him get on his knees and beg for his life, only to shoot him execution style, but her lawyer and brother, Quinn, is determined to be there for her when he felt he could never really be there for her when they were young and their father visited her at night.

I am only a few chapters into this book, so I will try to stick with it...I don't know why I really can't get into it, I have been a fan of Grisham and books of the like, but maybe I am just overloaded with the same old same old. We will see....

I can't believe, with all of the millions and millions of books out there, that I am finding it hard to find one that I just cannot wait to read and don't want to put down.
AARRGGG!!!!
StumbleUpon

1 comment:

Lee said...

I know what you mean about finding good, new interesting books to read. I've tried several online "suggestion" type search engines, but still haven't come up with much. I also live in China--so it's not like I have a Barnes and Noble I can mill around...

Thanks for the suggestions