Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Customer = Guest

Why are customers now "guests"? Like I have invited them to my home? I don't understand this form of pc-ness. Let's face it...they are customers, they come in to buy something. In my case its food, brought to them, drinks continually full, and a smile with "yes sir" for every whim they have. Sounds more like heaven to me, but I digress.

If they are guests, I would tell them to help themselves to anything in the kitchen whenever they wanted something. I'm not big into the home-entertaining that involves serving elaborate foods, and appetizers. If your thirsty - you know what a fridge looks like, open it up and get something.

If you think about it, "guest" is a downgrade.

At work, I listen to more than my fair share of complaining and griping. (Again, something I really wouldn't get from a "guest" at my house....cause I don't ask those people to come over.) People try to get something for nothing a lot of the time at our restaurant. Honestly, when can you go to a restaurant, order something off the menu, then decide you don't like it, for no other reason than your specific palate preferences, and then expect to order something else at no cost??? I had no idea you could order food and "taste-test" with out having to pay for each entree.

Seriously...you're killing me.
StumbleUpon

No comments: