Friday, May 30, 2008

The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted


I recently tried to read The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted.
The operative word would be tried. The synopsis they give on the book calls it, "Exhilarating short stories of women breaking free from convention."
.
I read four of the many short stories in this book and really didn't find any breaking free. Perhaps I didn't read the right stories...the one's I read were OK, but nothing "exhilarating".
.
I just couldn't will myself to read more...it was a let down for me. I guess I was looking for inspiration, not pages out of people's daily lives. Certainly more interesting than my life...but hey, I waitress for a living...nuthin too exciting there!
.
Since I didn't finish this one, not sure I can rate it.
If I did it would have to be a 0 out of 5.
StumbleUpon

No comments: