Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best Quotable...Young Frankenstein


Well, I'm back. Things have finally settled down in tourist-land and I'm not working such long hours. I have 6 books lined up for review, but this weekend, instead of reading I watched a movie with my mom.
"Young Frankenstein" is a classic Mel Brooks movie (a tamer one than say "Blazing Saddles"!) that has some great quotable lines I found myself repeating with the movie. I thought this would be a great entry for a best quotable movie...so here they are...


Dr Frankenstein: "What knockers!"
Inga: (in german accent) "Why, sank you doctor"


Dr Frankenstein: (when stuck between a bookshelf and the wall (in a high pitched voice)) "Listen to me very carefully, do not put the candle back!"


Inga: (from behind the bookshelf) "PUT ZE CANDLE BACK!


When asked who's brain he got Igor responds:
"Abby someone"
Dr Frankenstein: "Abby who?"
Igor: "Abby Normal"


Dr Frankenstein sulking at the dinner table...
Inga: "You haven't touched your food"
Dr Frankenstein pats his food with his hands..."There are you happy?"


Inga (from back of a hay wagon): "Would you like a roll in ze hay?"
(rolling back and forth): "Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!)


This is such a great movie. If you have not seen this movie, you must rent it. I also discovered that Aerosmith wrote their song "Walk This Way" after watching this movie. There is a scene where Igor meets Dr. Frankenstein at the train station and walks down 3 steps hunched over stating, "Walk this way" Igor the hands the cane to Dr. Frankenstein and he hunches over and uses the cane down the 3 steps like Igor. Aerosmith thought it was hilarious and it inspired a classic song!
StumbleUpon

No comments: