Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bark up the Right Tree


Bark up the Right Tree is written by Jessie, a dog who was abandoned when one of the boys in her family who had emotional problems, started abusing her. She was left at an animal control shelter and from there she went through many changes until she was finally rescued by Ruth, who helped her write this book.


In her book, Jessie shares with us the changes she went through, how she went from a happy go lucky dog, to a very sad and confused one. Along the way, in her book, Jessie shares with us important things to "paws" and consider, such as "Take a chance and step out in faith. A miracle may be brewing", or "Be grateful for challenges. The bumpy road teaches us more and demands more of us than the smooth road does." She tells us of her time in the shelter and when she was adopted by Ruth. She talks about the dreams that Ruth had about finding Jessie and working with her to help animals and children find homes. Jessie shows us the life lessons she has learned and how we may apply them to our lives.


This is a very uplifting book that gives you renewed faith in what we can accomplish when we look to serve others, how even the smallest of us can bring about change and make a difference.
It was a great read too with short chapters that were entertaining. If you are a dog person, this is a definite "must read"! Ten percent of all proceeds from the sale of the book go to help animals and children in need of homes. Stop by Open Doors and check them out. Jessie has a DogFest coming up in August that looks like a lot of fun. Its in Hillsdale New Jersey and promises to be a day of fun. If you are near there, check it out!!


I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars!
StumbleUpon

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi there. I found you through entrecard. Are you a member of bookblogs.ning.com?? If not you should join. I see you review lots from Bostick too. I created a group on there to chat about and link to our reviews of their books.

A lot of book blogs link to other blogs reviews of a book they review. So when I publish my review of Bark Up the Right Tree (which I've finished) I'm going to add a link to your review at the bottom of mine. I hope that's okay. It lets my readers see other opinions.

C said...

That's great! If I ever find books that I find interesting from other bloggers, I also include a link. I don't find too many that review the same books though. Thank you for letting me know about .bookblogs.ning.com. It sounds great!